Advancing Ayurveda Through Research
At the London College of Ayurvedic Medicine, our mission is to be at the forefront of Ayurvedic research, innovation, and education. We are dedicated to preserving and promoting the ancient wisdom of Ayurveda while integrating modern scientific approaches to advance the understanding and application of this holistic healing system.
Our vision is to emerge as a global centre of excellence in Ayurvedic research, fostering a deeper understanding of Ayurveda’s principles and practices. We aim to contribute significantly to the scientific community by conducting ground-breaking research that validates and refines Ayurvedic concepts, making them more accessible and applicable in the contemporary world.
- Research Excellence: Strive for excellence in Ayurvedic research by conducting cutting-edge studies that explore the efficacy and mechanisms of Ayurvedic treatments.
- Integration of Traditional Wisdom and Modern Science: Bridge the gap between traditional Ayurvedic knowledge and modern scientific methodologies, fostering a harmonious integration that enhances the credibility and applicability of Ayurveda.
- Education and Outreach: Educate the community, healthcare professionals, and scholars about Ayurveda’s principles and benefits through workshops, seminars, and publications, promoting a holistic approach to health and well-being.
- Collaboration and Partnerships: Forge collaborations with national and international institutions, fostering a collaborative spirit that enhances the depth and breadth of Ayurvedic research.
- Heritage Preservation: Work towards the preservation and documentation of traditional Ayurvedic knowledge, ensuring that the ancient wisdom is passed down to future generations.
- Clinical Trials and Evidence-Based Practice: Conduct rigorous clinical trials to generate scientific evidence supporting the efficacy and safety of Ayurvedic interventions, contributing to the establishment of Ayurveda as a recognized and evidence-based healthcare system.
Our research spans a wide range of areas within Ayurveda, including:
- Herbal Medicine & Pharmacology
- Panchakarma Therapy
- Ayurvedic Nutrition
- Yoga and Meditation in Ayurvedic Practices
- Ayurvedic Psychiatry and Mental Health
- Integrative Approaches to Chronic Diseases
Whether you are a student, researcher, or healthcare professional, there are various ways to get involved with our research initiatives. Stay updated on our latest publications, attend seminars, or explore opportunities for collaborative research.
Join us on our journey to advance Ayurveda through research, as we strive to make a meaningful impact on the health and well-being of individuals and communities worldwide.
Preservation, documentation and analysis of ancient palm-leave manuscripts
Antioxidant activity of Ayurvedic Rasayana herbs
Antiviral effect of Andrographis paniculate